A better way to live

"Live well, live long." Dovie Accom

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ginger heals, soothes and invigorates

The first flavor of tea Zac and Lola will produce is ginger. It was an easy decision because that is the tea we drink most in my family. For 3 generations.

It is a simple brew, really, but so healthy; an elixir full of anti-oxidants and vitamins and all things that are good for you. My grandmother drank this everyday and she lived to be 98 years old. She was a poor woman who lived on a farm and ginger was literally the thing that kept her alive because she had tremendous digestive issues and so she drank this all day to soothe it. That is where I learned about ginger and I've been drinking it my whole life. For myself, I like to let the ginger sit in a glass bowl in the sun for a little while, like an hour or two then I boil it.

Then I pour it in a tea cup and sit in a quiet corner and sip till its all done. Ok. I've decided I'm a bit hungry so I am making a couple of apple fritters to go with my ginger tea (no sugar in tea please!) Look at these beauties. Aren't they lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment